Faith, Education, & Formation
“Parents have the first responsibility for the education of their children. They bear witness to this responsibility first by creating a home where tenderness, forgiveness, respect, fidelity, and disinterested service are the rule. The home is well suited for education in the virtues. This requires an apprenticeship in self-denial, sound judgment, and self-mastery — the preconditions of all true freedom… Parents have a grave responsibility to give good example to their children. By knowing how to acknowledge their own failings to their children, parents will be better able to guide and correct them.” (Catechism of the Catholic Church, #2223; cfr. pp. 530-543)
SACRED HEART PARISH PROVIDES OPPORTUNITIES FOR EDUCATION AND FORMATION IN OUR CATHOLIC FAITH BY:
- Weekly and daily celebrations of the Eucharist.
- Regular availability for individual and communal celebration of the sacraments.
- Sacramental preparation of parents and children for First Reconciliation, First Eucharist, and Confirmation.
- Providing a Catholic education at Sacred Heart Catholic School (for grades PS-8) with a competent faculty and staff.
- Religious Education sessions (Sundays or Wednesdays) for the Catholic faith formation of all children and youth of the parish.
- Catholic Youth Ministry (CYM) weekly gatherings and activities.
- Annual Inquiry classes and the Rite of the Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA) study and process.
- Outreach ministry to our sick and homebound, including parishioners who are hospitalized or living in care facilities.
- Death, dying, and grieving ministry.
- Funeral luncheon ministry.
- Opportunities for education and formation in a large variety of ordinary and extraordinary lay ministries.
- Hundreds of dedicated lay volunteers.
- Opportunities for social justice ministry and parish community outreach.
- Annual parish garden with all produce going to benefit the Miles City Food Bank.
- Availability of pastoral team, parish business office, and support staff.
- Parish pastoral and finance councils.
- Sacred Heart Catholic School Parent Advisory Board.
- Participation of the Knights of Columbus and the Council of Catholic Women (as a whole or by individual circles) in many parish activities and functions.
- Prayer chain.
- Weekly Sunday bulletin and a quarterly newsletter, "The Heart Beat."
- Parish Resource Library with many Catholic publications, audio CDs, and videos available.
- Annual Parish Mission.
- Individual & small group prayer and devotion opportunities.
Please consult your weekly bulletin for detailed information about current education and formation opportunities; Or you may contact the parish business office at 234-1691.