Council of Catholic Women
- SPIRITUAL ADOPTION PROGRAM: It is not too late to sign up with the Spiritual Adoption Re-Commitment Program, sponsored by St. Bernadette Circle. To participate you will pledge to say a daily prayer (ten seconds) for a baby who is in danger of abortion. “Jesus, Mary and Joseph I love you very much. I beg you to spare the life of the unborn baby that I have spiritually adopted who is in danger of abortion.” Prayer of Archbishop Fulton Sheen All are welcome to participate. The prayer cards are available in the main entryway of the church. Please sign your name and the name your baby on the poster. You may do this at any time. This year we have pins for all who are participating. Please note monthly bulletin notices and posters on display.
FLYERS may be picked up in the entryway of the church. There are also membership cards available to complete and return to the basket if you wish to join PCCW. For more information contact: PCCW President, Joby Parker at 406-351-3945 (cell) or 406-356-77434 (home), or call the parish office (234-1691).
- LIAM’S WISH: Liam was diagnosed with Acute Leukemia in January of 2010. In our travels for his treatments in Billings and Denver, he was astounded with the number of homeless people that were living on the streets and how evident it was that they had very little. Liam composed a list of items that he thought would help them out and went out and bought them and put them in a bag so that when the need arouse he could give it to someone in need. After his death in 2011, the project has continued to grow with family members in three states making up bags and getting them to those in need around Christmas time. Currently, we are giving bags to students in need at CCDHS and the Soup Kitchen. Personal care items such as toothbrushes, toothpaste, deodorant, shampoo, body wash, warm winter hats and gloves, socks and sweats and warm blankets, non perishable snacks are items that are given in Liam's Wish Bags. Any of these items that would be donated are truly appreciated and are given in memory of Liam's Wish to give to those less fortunate. Thank you. God's Blessing! For more info, call me at 853-1392. - Eileen McWilliams
JOIN our members, some 80-strong, in fellowship with other Catholic women in Sacred Heart Parish in spiritual, educational and service opportunities. Some efforts are:
IN OUR CHURCH...
- Offers a spiritual mini-retreat in May for parishioners
- Bibles are presented to graduating seniors
- A scholarship is offered to a senior young woman
- Give support to grieving families through the funeral luncheon ministry
- Assist with the Harvest Dinner and Thanksgiving meal
- Organized a book club and Prayer Shawl Ministry
- Host the Advent Potluck Social for all parish women
IN OUR COMMUNITY...
- Support the Pregnancy Outreach Center through the Mother's Day Ad
- Bingo and Birthday parties are hosted at extended care facilities
- Members support the local soup kitchen
- Organize the Box Day give-away for the community
IN OUR WORLD...
- Annually sponsor an orphaned student in Uganda through the AidSpirit USA organization
- Support the Catholic Relief Service Works of Peace program as part of collaboration with National Council of Catholic Women
- Promote the Women Helping Women Campaign with Cross Catholic Outreach
To JOIN one of the five Circles call a Parish Council of Catholic Women officer or the parish office (234-1691).